My Initial Keto Experience Story

Hello , After I got the shock of my life when I measured a 148/120 Blood Pressure reading last July 27! My life has changed and I become health conscious for the first time in my life! I then started to check out what type of diet should I do as there are a lot of diet programs available today and find that Ketogenic or Keto diet looks promising to me as I'm a meat lover and this diet program has a macro ratio of about 60% high fats, 30% protein and 10% or no carbohydrates. It means I will only be shutting down my carb intake only while still enjoying my meat savory. Wow! I was thinking initiaĺly is this program fail safe? While most of the other diet programs like shuns fats, Keto doesn't and even encourage us to eat more fats and protein at the same time! So I told myself this is it and this will be sustainable for me as I said I'm a meat lover. :) So starting Sept 1, 2017, I started my Keto diet and man! I thought it was easy to shut down my carb intake! I started to avoid taking the main carbohydrate which includes rice, noodles, bread, pasta, pizza, potato, corn etc which are mostly what I eat complimenting my meat meals! Then after 2nd day, I started to experience some bad mood swings as well as body trembled which are associated to Keto Flus as it seems I want to eat some rice or noodles just to stop my carb urges. Some other ketogenian experiences this symptoms with signs of mood swings, headache, dizziness, weakness, etc. I try to persevere and after 2 more days of self control, these symptoms are gone! Boy! I was happy and slowly but surely, my carb urges virtually diminished and now I mostly eat fatty and veggie foods. One good thing about Keto is that I can eat my favorites like bacon, chicken porkchops, lechon, steak, ham, hotdogs, luncheon meats while complimenting then with a mix of eggs, lettuce, tomato, broccoli, etc. My beverage also has changed as sugar is also not allowed in this diet so my lifetime bad habit of drinking softdrinks or sodas also every meal was cut and replaced with water, lemon water, hot tea, brewed coffee (no sugar and cream) and occasionally some electrolyte sports drink such as Gatorade G-Active. I also take virgin coconut oil or VCO for short about 1 to 2 tablespoon every morning as well as some more when I drink a preferred keto coffee drink called Bullet Proof Coffee or BPC for short. This is a simple mixture of black or brewed coffee together with a cube of butter and 1-2 tablespoon of VCO. Some also put heavy whipped cream on top of their BPC as well but I like the basic BPC though. To cut it short, my health issues after 2-3 months has gone from bad to good! My high blood pressure now average between 105-130 / 70-85 in systolic and diastolic respectively. My initial blood chemistry test last Aug 17th got me a lot of red marks which mean HIGH! Most of them are Fasting Glucose (118 MG/DL, Uric Acid 7.23 MG/DL, Triglycerides 300 MG/DL, Cholesterol of 266 MG/DL, VLDL 60 MG/DL, LDL 141 MG/DL, SGPT 89 MG/DL! My friends had advised me to go to a doctor to seek medical treatment as my Triglycerides as well as SGPT are a bit of the high extreme. But since I'm a science guy in nature, I wabtbro get real data without any medications and Also my belief that our health issues are mostly caused by our bad eating ways or lifestyle so I told myself to give this diet a try for 2 months and see if it will improve. Guess what? IT SURE DID!!! My triglycerides is back to normal at 148 MG/DO as well as SGPT is 36 MG/DL! My obese weight of 220lbs also dropped to 183lbs in less than 3 months! My target weight is about 158lbs and true ideal weight is about 145lbs to have normal weight again. I believe that strict diet can eradicate most of my health issues in the months to come and I hownto also lower down my cholesterol and LDL back to normalcy without any medications. I hope to inspire my fellow ketogenian as well as would be's give this diet a try even for a month and see for yourself it is improves your weifht and health. Don't be too worrisome on the cholesterol and fats issue other people will spit on you when trying this diet out because IMHO, if it works for me, I'm sure it will work for you too! BTW, I'm posting and supporting the keto diet is not marketing oriented and I'm in no way connected to any company to promote this great diet. Keto diet is here for me and I intend to do the ketogenic way of eating (Keto Woe) for a long time! I hope to share also my other keto experiences and learned tips with you in the days to come. Please share your keto experiences as well to bolster our newbies morale. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Friendly Jack's Baguio Restaurant

6th Month Blood Chemistry Results

8th Month Blood Chemistry Result